VID Bergen has collaboration agreements with municipalities in Greater Bergen, Bergen Hospital Trust and the Western Norway Regional Health Authority regarding placements for students.
Placements for practical training
In practice, student placements for practical training are decided by the training coordinator and the academic staff. Notification of placements is made at least 3–4 weeks before the beginning of the placement.
Placements cannot be changed, but in extraordinary cases, changes may be made up to the time placements start.
For placements outside Bergen municipality, see guidelines for reimbursement of extraordinary travel and / or expenses for students in practice.
Download application form for travel expense refund in practice for students at VID Bergen
Apply for supervised professional training
Placements for the bachelor's degree in nursing
- The deadline for applications for year 1 is 15 October.
- The deadline for applications for year 2 is 15 June.
- The deadline for applications for year 3 is 15 June.
Applications must be submitted for each academic year.
Applications must be sent to training coordinator Berit Bjørkeli at e-mail email@example.com by the above-mentioned deadlines.
There is a ranking list for supervised professional training. You can find information about this on the form for controlled practice placement for bachelor students. Please read it carefully.
Nursing student in practice at the 2nd year of bachelor of nursing at VID Bergen follows guidelines for the period of practice (Norwegian document), which has been prepared in cooperation between Helse Bergen, Western Norway University of Applied Sciences and VID. The guidelines include roles and responsibilities, and are intended for nursing students to make the most of the same conditions in the practice period regardless of where they are in the hospital and what college they belong to.
E-larning courses before placements
All students who will have practical training with the Western Norway Regional Health Authority must take compulsory e-Learning courses online using the learning portal. The e-Learning courses must be completed and passed before you can begin your placement period and you are assigned a personal user name and password to the Western Norway Regional Health Authority's IT system.
The required courses are:
- Information Security
- DIPS computer system at the Bergen Hospital Trust
- Fire safety
- Infection control and hand hygiene
Go to the Bergen Hospital Trust's page Compulsory e-learning course for students for information about e-Learning courses.
- VID's reception at the Haraldsplass campus has key cards for students placed at Haukeland University Hospital. A fee of NOK 500 will be charged for cards that are not returned.
- Key cards for placement during year 3 – psychiatry at Sandviken – are handed out on the first day of the placement.
- Badges: students must wear a badge with the VID logo. The badges are ordered during the first year of studies. If a badge is lost, it must be reordered by the school, and the student must cover the costs.
- Students on a placement must be familiar with their infection status in relation to tuberculosis (TBC) and methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus aureus (MRSA). Read about required medical testing.
Placements at Hagevik (for bachelor's degree students)
Students taking the bachelor's programme in nursing at VID Bergen must expect their surgical placement to be based there.
The Coastal Hospital at Hagevik has a small number of student flats. Students who want accommodation must notify the training coordinator at VID Bergen. Accommodation will be provided on a ‘first come, first served’ basis. VID will pay the rent. Students who are not given accommodation or do not want it will have the costs of their travel refunded in accordance with the guidelines, guidelines for reimbursement of extraordinary travel and / or expenses for students in practice.
- The flats are furnished, and come with a duvet and pillow – students must bring their own bed linen.
- Shared kitchen. Equipped with kitchen utensils, a refrigerator, dishwasher, oven and microwave.
- There are two toilets and bathrooms.
- Internet access.
- Pets are not permitted.
- Smoking is prohibited indoors and right outside the entrances.
- A cash deposit of NOK 100 must be paid when students receive a key to the flat. This amount will be repaid when the key is returned.
- Students who are assigned a flat will gain access to it on the first day of their placement period.
Placements for the further education programme for cancer nursing
Cancer nursing students must submit a form for each placement period, and a note must be made on the form if the student has been employed at any of institutions that offer VID practical training. More information can be found on itslearning for the course that the placement is for.
Insurance of students on placements
Read more about student insurance.
Contact Berit Bjørkeli. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Telephone: +47 56 99 26 79.