This course emphasizes different ways of approaching quantitative data, their potential and limitations. The course enables the PhD students to employ methodological insights and give reasons for choices related to sampling and analytic approaches in their own research projects.
Main subjects of the course will be:
- Quantitative research designs
- The sampling process and data collection
- Analysis strategies on different levels, and different analysis methods
- Mixed-method approaches
- Presentation of quantitative research in international peer-reviewed journals
- Research ethics related to quantitative investigations
Application to attend should be sent as soon as possible to May Britt Johansen.
The course is open to participants who are part of a PhD programme. Admission can also be applied by persons who have a PhD project description, which they are working on with the ambition of entering a programme.
Deadline for submission of abstracts
February 1, 2019
Deadline for submission of written paper
April 1, 2019
There is no course fee for PhD students at MF Norwegian School of Theology, VID, or students from other institutions participating in the Research School Religion Values and Society. For other participants there is a small course fee, NOK 1000 in all. Travel and lodging in Oslo is covered by the participants or their institutions.