The quality improvement and non-conformance system is part of our quality system. VID wants to ensure that all of our study programmes are of a high quality, and that all factors that impact on studies are optimum at all times. Students and staff are welcome to report non-conformance or suggest improvements.
How do I get access?
Students can download an app (Android or iOS) and send a message via mobile phone or tablet. Download the student user manual for the quality improvement and non-conformance system (only in Norwegian).
Staff can log in to the Quality improvement and non-conformance system using their Feide account. Download the staff user manual for the quality improvement and non-conformance system (only in Norwegian).
When should I use the quality improvement and non-conformance system?
- When you have good suggestions for improvements to existing practices.
- When you discover violations of regulations, guidelines and internal procedures.
- When a failure or deficiency in framework conditions, such as buildings, IT and equipment, persists despite notifying the unit responsible (firstname.lastname@example.org for IT, building maintenance).
- When dangerous situations, damage, injuries, near accidents or accidents occur.
- In the event of HSE non-compliance.
When should I not use the quality improvement and non-conformance system?
- When you want to give feedback on the quality of study programmes and teaching where this should be recorded in VID's evaluation system.
- In cases of minor deficiencies in VID's daily operation, such as light bulbs that need to be replaced, supplies of paper towels and soap that need to be replenished and such like. In such cases, you need to contact your local student service.
- When you need to report faults or deficiencies in equipment or rooms. In such cases, send a message to email@example.com for IT matters, or notify the responsible operating unit at your place of study/workplace via VID's student service if you are a student or directly if you are staff.
What will happen after I have reported such matters?
Your message will be registered automatically and forwarded to a case handler. The case handler will examine the content of the message, investigate the causality, and propose and implement improvement measures in conjunction with the responsible parties.
Deadlines for implementing improvement measures depend on the case type and level of severity, but such measures must be initiated within 14 days. Before the case is concluded, information on the effect of the measures is requested. Students will receive confirmation that VID has received the message and details of how the matter has been handled once the case has been concluded.
Staff can check the status of their case in the messaging system at any time under My cases. Statistics from the quality improvement and non-conformance system are used as a basis for substantiating and proposing measures, and form part of VID's annual quality report.