The library in Stavanger holds a physical collection of 80 000 books and has access to more than 160 000 e-books. The collection covers many fields with emphasis on
- Theology, mission and world christianity
- Science of religion and religions
- Cultural studies and social sciences
Books publised after 1980 are found in the library in Kannikgården and they are searchable in Oria.
Books published prior to 1980 will be unavailable until autumn 2022.
Books on reading lists
The library has one or more copies of all books on reading lists. These books are found in the ordinary collection as short term loans (two weeks).
- VID library provides access to full text in more than 1200 electronic journals
- The library receives 70 journals in print. The most recent issues are found in the library.
- The library in Stavanger holds a journal collection of nearly 1000 titles which will not be available until autumn 2022.
- Lars Dahles library is a collection of 6000 volumes of which 800 volumes are published prior to 1800. This collection will not be available until autumn 2022.
VID:Open is our open institutional archive for sholarly publications.
Master theses (A, B or C) and bachelor theses (A) are also registered.
Publications in VID:Open are available for free use, on the terms that authors must be credited and full citation given.
Cristin is a research information system used to registration and reporting of research activities at VID.
PhD theses from the School of Mission and theology and VID are available in print from the library in Stavanger
Encyclopedias and dictionaries
Find online encyclopedias and dictionaries at Databases and online resources.
Printed reference works are found in the library
- Encyclopedias and dictionaries: Le 10–Le 30
- Bibliographies: Le 40
- Biblical dictionaries and encyclopedias: Bi 10, GT 20 and NT 20