The University Board of VID Specialized University has appointed Pro-Rector Bård Mæland as rector as of 1 August. The University Board has also decided to begin the work of recruiting and appointing a new rector to succeed Ingunn Moser.
Former rector of the School of Mission and Theology
As previously announced,Ingunn Moser will take up a new position as CEO/religious head of the Diakonhjemmet Foundation as of 1 August. She is delighted that it will be Bård Mæland who will act as rector until the University Board appoints her successor.
- Bård was rector of the School of Mission and Theology prior to the mergers that led to the creation of VID Specialized University, and he has been VID’s pro-rector and a deputy for the rector since VID was established in 2016. I am delighted and grateful that Bård has made himself available and has accepted the challenge. For VID, this is a solid and sound choice. However, we know that such transitions also demand extra effort from people other than the rector. Therefore, it is reassuring to know that VID has so many skilled leaders and colleagues who will help to develop VID in the future. To ensure everyone’s success, we must continue to make each other better.
Bård Mæland is looking forward to continuing the work to develop VID as an education and research institution.
- I feel a measure of fear and nervous anticipation about taking up the position of acting rector in August, but I have a strong desire to contribute to everyone’s success in the many important processes we face going forward, and not least to continue the work to develop VID as an education and research institution. VID has very many proficient staff members, including a strong leader group that I look forward to working with. I am also looking forward to collaborating with the student representatives. Finally, I would like to add that during this period, I also need to learn more about the parts of the organisation I am least familiar with, and will therefore make that a priority.
An appointments committee has been established
The Board has appointed a committee that will conduct the process of finding a new rector to succeed Ingunn. The members of the committee are as follows:
- Board Chair Torger Reve
- Board Deputy Chair Anne Sissel Faugstad
- Staff representative on Board Gunhild Bang
- 1 student representative from the working committee for the Student Parliament
- Director of the Department of Administrative Support, Ståle Søbye, is the committee’s secretary.
It is expected that an appointment will be made in the course of autumn 2019.
Published by Vidar Brundtland Steder. Date: 17. June 2019.