About the project
This project is focusing on municipal health- and welfare services from a group of the immigrant population’s point of view. I want to study projects where persons with experience from an integration process contributes to other people‘s integration processes. It is interesting to see in what ways such work seeks to contribute to more equity in the health and welfare system and increased options for participation.
To do this I want to observe and interview voluntary immigrant women.
The project will be exploratory, aiming at answering this main research question. :
In what way do the voluntary immigrant women experience that the interdisciplinary health and welfare services contribute to breaking the barriers and increase possibilities for participation among immigrant women in their local community?
Relevant research questions might be:
- How do the voluntary immigrant women work with the aim of increasing participation and quality of life among immigrant women in their local community?
- What do the voluntary immigrant women experience is functioning in order to create participation and quality of life among other immigrant women in the local community? What obstacles do they see?
- What do the voluntary immigrant women experience is central for the cooperation between them and the health and welfare systems to contribute to an increased sense of coherence and empowerment for the immigrant women they work with?
- What do the voluntary immigrant women experience is central for the cooperation between the women and the health and welfare services to contribute to increased health and welfare literacy?
- How does being a volunteer influence their own quality of life, sense of meaning, participation and empowerment.
Master of sociology
CODE community development