About the project
There is a need for introducing human rights and nutrition in nursing education. The study follows the strategy and methods of design-based research and focuses on learning for nursing students both at the campus and in practice.
- Develop, implement and evaluate human rights and nutrition education for 1st year nursing students
- Develop and formulate design principles for nursing education introducing and bridging human rights and nutrition to the curricula
- What kind of challenges and opportunities do the students meet in practice to ensure the nutritional health and well-being of the residents?
- What ethical challenges do the students experience related to food, nutrition and meals in practice regarding the residents?
- How can a human rights perspective be included in education at the campus and in practice?
- How does the learning situation change in practice after implementation of the learning design?
Both nursing students and their supervisors are interviewed in focus groups. The analyses and methods follow constructivist grounded theory and have a human-rights based approach to both theory and methods.
Learning in professional education and practice