Research based knowledge
The programme provides opportunities for students to acquire increased professional competences in the shape of research based knowledge, abilities to identify, express and implement basic values, a deeper understanding of the leadership role and greater confidence as a leader.
Practical tools and techniques
The aspects of the programme that attempt to understand leadership roles in organizations, are also used for critical reflection- and management skills when applying practical tools and techniques for leadership.
What do you learn?
The Master’s Degree programme provides general leadership competences. The programme has a professional profile to ensure that values are translated into organizational actions characterized by value awareness, power of judgment and practical leadership competences. The programme supplements traditional leadership training by emphasising the basic values of organizations. These values effect the working environment by defining the mission of the enterprise, creating a basis for a mutually binding working community and setting standards for decision-making at the work-place.
You can choose between two separate programmes
- Master’s Degree in valuebased leadership: 120 ECTS. Standard period of part-time studies is 4 years with 30 ECTS per year. Standard period of full-time studies is 2 years with 60 ECTS per year.
- Executive Master’s Degree in value based leadership: 90 ECTS: Standard period of part-time studies is 3 years with 30 ECTS per year. Standard period of full-time studies is 2 years with 60 ECTS the first year, and 30 ECTS the second year.
Credits at Master’s Degree level
Part-time students have two weekly gatherings per semester. During the first two years of study, both the 120 and the 90 ECTS master’s degree students will attend the same weeks. Several courses can be taken as independent courses and qualify for ECTS at master's degree level.
The programme targets leaders and others who wish to develop their leadership skills within:
- Health-, care and welfare services.
- Diaconal institutions and volunteer organizations.
- Churches, congregations and faith communities.
- Relief- and development organizations and other NGO's.
- Other parts of public or private sectors.
The programme is open to all qualified students who see leadership as value- and identity based independent of faith and world view.
Offer to foreign exchange students: