PhD programme in Diaconia, Values and Professional Practice
The programme is dedicated to studies and research of professional practice in two areas of society, health- and social services and churches and other faith communities and adopts diakonia and values as the main perspective in both.
PhD programme in Theology and Religion
The program in theology and religion is intended to prepare students for professional careers in teaching, writing, and scholarship, as well as for leadership opportunities with religious organizations, social service agencies, NGOs, publishing, and in educational institutions.
The training component of the study programme consists of the following courses:
- PhD-TR 901: Start-up, research ethics, programme profile – compulsory, 5 ECTS
- PhD-TR 902: Philosophy of science, programme profile – compulsory, 5 ECTS
- PhD-TR 903: Text and interpretation – elective, 5 ECTS
- PhD-DVP 904: Quantitative research methods – elective, 5 ECTS
- PhD-TR 904: Discipline/thesis-related course – elective, 5 ECTS
- PhD-TR 905: Migration and religion – elective, 5 ECTS
- PhD-TR 906: African biblical and theological hermeneutics - elective, 5 ECTS
- PhD-TR 907: Theology and qualitative research: church and practice – elective, 5 ECTS